Thursday, December 27, 2007

NO LONGER A BRIDESMAID

I suppose saying that I am no longer serving as a bridesmaid is a bit of an understatement. I can proudly state that it's been more than 20 years since I served in my first and only bridesmaid role.

Some may think it's because of the bad reputation I earned the first time around. But actually I was very well behaved. (Although I did suffer a slight self-destruction problem with my pink taffeta dress...)

I think it's because I was always strategically absent when those positions were being doled out. Nonetheless, it has not stopped me from attending well over 30 weddings over the years. (Yes as an actual invited guest and not as a crasher.)

Why am I being so nostalgic about weddings all of the sudden?

Perhaps it is because I am officially engaged. :-)



Now, I'm not your typically traditional girl. I won't be donning any snowy white confection of a dress, nor will I be letting some random guest grope my leg for a garter to hang from their rearview mirror. And not a Chicken Dance in site!

But the one thing I really wanted, that I REALLY REALLY wanted was a ring, selected by my very sweet S.O., to be gently placed on my finger during an actual proposal. And you know what?

I got my wish.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carole said...

...and I am as well!:)Love to you both!
Mamala

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Jon's long-ago friend in New Mexico -- I checked to see if maybe you had posted any funny Excessmas stories, but this is WAY better! Your ring is lovely; Jon apparently has excellent taste in both life partners AND jewelry! Congratulations! Emmy

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie-

I'm so happy for you. CONGRATULATIONS. The ring is absolutley beautiful! You deserve only the best :-) Love you
Cousin Terri

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a GORGEOUS ring! So perfect for you. That Jon is a good man (and a smart man, but we already knew that : ). I am just thrilled for you both! Sarah

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K., this may be just a little late, but here goes anyway. What? No fluffy white dress? No garter?? And NO CHICKEN DANCE????? And I was soooo looking forward to all of those things...........
Well, sorta. Actually, not so much. What I'm looking forward to is to see you two get married, in whatever and however makes you happy.
The thing is, I do hope that the wedding date is to be sooner rather than later, because I'm not getting any younger, so if you want me there, get with it. OK?

I really Really want him not to let you get away.

Future Mother-in-Law (I hope)

Jon's Mama

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home