Tuesday, August 16, 2011

BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!!

My husband and I have been leasing a 2009 Nissan Murano for a few years and it's time was coming to an end. When we originally selected the car, we intended to purchase it at the end of the lease so we picked something with all of the bells and whistles that we could want. We were choosey about color and interior, we wanted a sun roof and begged for heated seats. We got our car.

We are good car owners, we have them regularly serviced, oil changes, washes and regular check-ups. Most recently we invested money to have the guidance system maps upgraded and have a 25,000 check up.

But time was almost up so we went to our bank to secure a loan to pay it off. The loan officer informed us that their rates weren't that good and that we should go to the dealership for financing.

Uh-oh.

We don't like to go to the dealership. I've gone to that dealership three times and three times I've left with a new car. We wanted to buy OUR car! OUR CAR!!

So, the hubby and I went to a diner prior to going to the dealership to go over our game plan.

"We are not going to buy a new car - right?"

"Right!"

"We love our car - right?"

"Right!"

"We agree on this - right?"

"RIGHT!"

And off we go to the dealership...

Fast forward six hours. I'm driving out of the dealership in a Murano that is the same color, same interior, same heated seats. Yes! WE did it! I'm so proud of us!

Uh, wait a minute, is that a heated steering wheel? Is this a 2011? How did THAT happen?!?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sparrow said...

Wow, your stuff reminds me a lot of my hubby and I! I love it!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

arrrggg and for some lame reason I cant figure out how to follow you! Yeah I'm just that smart.

3:26 PM  
Blogger DevilKitty said...

Hi Sparrow - thank you! Just click the "Subscribe to posts" link below my photo on the left of the page.

8:53 PM  
Blogger I Dig This Life said...

Great post made me smile! Enjoy your new car! and Happy driving! :)

3:34 PM  
Anonymous jual mesin las said...

nice info, thanks

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home