Monday, May 22, 2006



THESE BOOTS WERE MADE FOR MOSHING!

My entire life I have been in love with shoes (and I hope to feature a number of the more interesting ones in this space.) When I say shoes, I don't mean pumps or tennies, designer ankle-breakers, or other run of the mill shoes worn by TV and movie starlets and featured in the pages of Vogue. I mean SHOES. Works of art, form and function. Shoes that make a statement, say "look at me (I am so much fucking cooler than you)!", attract strange men with foot fetishes and at times, say "Ouch!"

I dress from the shoes up.

When I was in grade school I used to sneak into my mom's closet and walk around in her platforms. It was the 70's and she sang in a rock band. She had cool shoes. My little feet rattled around in them and I couldn't wait to get old enough and big enough to wear her shoes and/or be able to get my own platforms.

In what seemed like a year later (and 350 gallons of milk) my feet actually passed those of my mother. It was sad. So, I then aspired to own my own pair of platforms. My mother promptly said "no!" (meenie...)

So I bought my own through misappropriated funds (something I won't go into but have since made amends.) The sad thing was that they were too small for me about 5 minutes later. (Can you say Karma?) But nonetheless, I consider the year 1978 to be the beginning of my shoe obsession. I guess my annual shoe budget - er - debt to be in the thousands.

These boots above - which I call my "Ace Freely Grenade Heel Boots" were purchased about 5-6 years ago for $250 at a store in NYC called "Religious Sex". I love these boots - however as seems to be my MO - they were also a pinch too small. I suffered through a number of wearings but they have since become the latest in a long line of eBay victims.

So join me as I say farewell to the coolest boots I've ever owned.

I will miss them so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home