Friday, October 28, 2005

THE ACHES AND PAINS OF TURNING 29 - ER - 40

OK - so I'm not ashamed to say I'm turning 40. And unlike any other birthday I've celebrated I've been obsessed with this one for about the past 10 months. Now, I don't FEEL 40 unless you consider that I was just fitted for my first pair of reading glasses. Or that while carrying about $5,000 worth of framed art for an art auction last week I tripped and fell on my knees then side (and didn't damage a single corner) and have the bruises to show it. Or that about 3 days later I tripped in my own bedroom and fell flat on my face. Or that I wake up sore just from having sat at my desk all day long. Or that I am fighting a losing battle with my grey roots...

No - I still feel 29! You know why? It's because I still go to concerts (Nine Inch Nails!) and I still buy things that are considered trendy (platforms!) and that I still dye my hair more than one color at a time (OK - maybe that's to camouflage the grey). Or maybe it's because I can still talk "pop culture" and I mean today's pop culture and not just what happened back in the 80's.

So, I might need a little more sleep, or to stretch my knees until they pop, or to put on glasses to read but dammit I still feel young!

And you know what else?

Chances are - I still look better than you. ;-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're extremely hot for 40, or 25 for that matter. :)

(Jon's hot, too, but I'm not supposed to say that.)

We hope to see you soon-- let's invent an idea to get together. The Windsor Castle looked like fun -- as you may know we had to let our kids romp in their own neoghborhood with their friends.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home