Monday, July 04, 2005

I'M GONNA BE A GRANDMA AGAIN! (SORTA)

We have a family of house finches that have returned to our balcony once again to build a nest in my beloved hanging spider plant and raise a family.

Today five eggs were laid.

Once again I will repeat the nervous anticipation of grandmahood as I monitor the nest daily to be sure that the mother is properly nesting, that the temperature is adequate, that the basket isn't swinging in the wind and that the mother has plenty of food.

I can't go through it again! It makes me a nervous wreck! Should I put a pillow underneath in case a hatchling falls out? Should I prevent them from being in direct sunlight? Which is the best temperature? What school will they go to? Should they be raised Greek Orthodox?

Grandmahood is certainly difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home